Ms Raphaela Kormoll, MA (Leiden University), BA (The University of York)
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Raphaela Kormoll is a Doctoral Research Student in the School of Government and International Affairs. Her current research is centred on the analysis of relations between India and Pakistan through everyday economic and (in-)securitization practices in the Punjab borderland, drawing on Pierre Bourdieu's practice theory.
Together with Dr Jutta Bakonyi, and in collaboration with Durham University's Centre for Borders Research (IBRU), she is organising an international workshop on 'Governing (Im-)Mobilities: International Borders, Borderlands and Bordercities', to be held at Durham University on 23-24 May, 2019.
Raphaela is also the editor of the Durham Global Security Institute's (DGSi) Working Paper Series, which can be accessed here.
Before joining Durham University, she completed her MA in International Relations: International Studies at Leiden University (NL, 2012-13), after graduating from the BA (Hons) in Politics with International Relations at the University of York (UK, 2010-12). Her BA and MA theses focused on the role and influence of interpreters and nonverbal behaviour on international negotiations and involved the analysis of negotiation training programmes.
- South Asia (India, Pakistan, Punjab)
- Peace and Conflict Studies (negotiation, mediation, reconciliation)
- Boundary and Borderland Studies
- Pierre Bourdieu's work
BA course on Global Regions in International Relations
- MA course on Conflict Analysis, facilitating the analysis of relations between India and Pakistan
- Kormoll, Raphaela (2019). From the Ashes of 1947: Reimagining Punjab. South Asian Review 1-3.
- Bakonyi, Jutta & Kormoll, Raphaela (2017). Die Gewaltunternehmer. Wie finanziert sich die somalische Islamistische-Miliz al-Shabaab? [Violent Entrepreneurs: Financing of an Islamist Militia al-Shabaab in Somalia]. Informationszentrum 3. Welt (iz3w) (358): 36-37.
- Kormoll, Raphaela (2015). A Threat to Life and Property: Domestic Terrorism in India. JASON Magazine (Special Edition) 40(4): 60-64.
- Kormoll, Raphaela (2014). Is Taiwan struggling for independence? JASON Magazine 39(3): 22-25.
- Kormoll, Raphaela (2014). Thailand’s Current Crisis: A Democratic Revolution? JASON Magazine 39(2): 36-39.
- Kormoll, Raphaela (2015). India-Pakistan: Contextualising the Cancelled Talks Debacle. (4907).