Publication details for Dr David FaraciFaraci, David (2012). Review of David Enoch, Taking Morality Seriously: A Defense of Robust Realism. The Journal of Value Inquiry 46(2): 259-267.
- Publication type: Book review
- ISSN/ISBN: 0022-5363 (print), 1573-0492 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1007/s10790-012-9329-x
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Turn over a copy of David Enoch’s Taking Morality Seriously: A Defense of Robust Realism, and you will find the usual array of quotations extolling the book’s virtues. The first is from Russ Shafer-Landau—arguably the philosopher most responsible for the current resurgence of Moorean-style non-naturalism—who writes that this “is the best book that has ever been written in defense of ethical realism.” The last is from Hartry Field, who claims that “on the scale of texts arguing for an obviously false conclusion, this actually ranks pretty high!”