Publication details for Dr Matthew TugbyTugby, Matthew (2016). On the Reality of Intrinsically Finkable Dispositions. Philosophia 44(2): 623-631.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0048-3893 (print), 1574-9274 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1007/s11406-016-9713-z
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Recently, Choi (Noûs, 46, 289–325, 2012) has argued that current accounts of intrinsically finkable dispositions lead to absurd consequences in certain everyday cases. In this paper I offer a new argument for the existence of intrinsically finkable dispositions, one which provides a new way of testing for the presence of such dispositions. It is then argued that, with this new test in place, Choi’s examples no longer present a problem for the view that some dispositions are intrinsically finkable.