Dr Olof Leffler
I work on metanormativity. More rigorously put, my AOS:s are metaethics, philosophy of action, and normative ethics, and my AOC:s are epistemology, political philosophy, and the philosophy of social science, especially in areas that intersect with my main interests in metanormativity. That point generalizes: I am also interested in issues that have a bearing on my main areas of interests but which often are construed as belonging elsewhere in philosophy, such as in philosophy of mind and metaphilosophy.
My 2019 dissertation is called 'The Constitution of Constitutivism' and develops a form of Humean constitutivism about practical norms. I also develop that picture in various publications, and I am currently working on additional papers (and, indeed, research projects) where I aim do so to an even greater extent.
At Durham, I teach philosophy of social science. Before I took up my position here, I finished my PhD at the University of Leeds. Before I was at Leeds, I did my undergraduate and MA degrees at Gothenburg in my native Sweden.
- Normative Ethics
- Philosophy of Action
- Leffler, Olof (2018). Olof Leffler om Ryan Muldoons Social Contract Theory for a Diverse World: Beyond Tolerance. Tidskrift för Politisk Filosofi
- Leffler, Olof (2016). Olof Leffler om From Morality to the End of Reason av Ingmar Persson. Filosofisk Tidskrift
Chapter in book
- Leffler, Olof (2014). Om rättfärdigandereflektion. In Meningens motstånd. Alarcón, Meri, Amundsen Bergström, Matilda Kaveh, Tania & Pettersen, Vilde Andrea
- Leffler, Olof (2019). New Shmagency Worries. Journal of Ethics and Social Philosophy 15(2): 121-145.
- Leffler, Olof (2016). The Foundations of Agency - And Ethics?. Philosophia 44(2): 547-563.