Dr Joe Saunders
Joe primarily works on ethics and agency in Kant and the post-Kantian tradition. He also has interests in the philosophy of love and media ethics.
Indicators of Esteem
- Free Will
- Media Ethics
- Post-Kantian Philosophy
- Fox, Carl. & Saunders, Joe. (2019). Media Ethics, Free Speech, and the Requirements of Democracy. Routledge.
- Dalziel, Paul, Saunders, Caroline & Saunders, Joe (2018). Wellbeing Economics: The Capabilities Approach to Prosperity. Cham: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Saunders, Joe (2019). Kant and Degrees of Responsibility. Journal of Applied Philosophy 36(1): 137-154.
- Williams, Neil W. & Saunders, Joe (2018). Practical grounds for belief: Kant and James on religion. European Journal of Philosophy 26(4): 1269-1282.
- Saunders, Joe (2018). Taking love seriously: McTaggart, absolute reality and chemistry. British Journal for the History of Philosophy 26(4): 719-737.
- Saunders, Joe (2018). Transcendental Freedom and its Discontents. Con-Textos Kantianos (International Journal of Philosophy) 1(8): 319-322.
- Saunders, Joe (2016). Kant and the Problem of Recognition: Freedom, Transcendental Idealism, and the Third-Person. International Journal of Philosophical Studies 24(2): 164-182.
- Saunders, Joe (2016). The Value of Practical Knowledge: Against Engstrom’s Constructivism. Hegel Bulletin 37(01): 117-136.
- Saunders, Joe (2014). Kant, Rational Psychology and Practical Reason. Kant Yearbook 6(1): 115-136.
- 2018: Defining Freedom of the Press: A Cross national examination of press ethics and regulation in ten European countries (£11225.00 from AHRC)