Dr Olley Pearson, BA (Hons), MLitt, PhD, AHEA
My research focuses on issues in metaphysics, broadly construed to include topics such as the metaphysics of normativity and science. I am interested in how our metaphysical and normative views influence one another. I worked as a Research Fellow on the Durham Emergence Project before becoming a Teaching Fellow.
Office hours: Monday 15:00-17:00, or send me an email
- Knowledge and Reality
- The Philosophy of Mind
- Philosophical Issues in Contemporary Science
- Reading Philosophy
- Mind and Action (MA)
- Current Issues in Metaphysics (MA)
- Philosophical Logic
- Introduction to Logic
- Ethics and Values
- Modern Philosophy I
- Philosophy of Science
- Pearson, O. (2018). Rationality, Time, and Self. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Pearson, O. (2018). Appropriate Emotions and the Metaphysics of Time. Philosophical Studies, forthcoming
- Pearson, O. (2018). Emergence, Dependence, and Fundamentality. Erkenntnis, Vol. 83 3 pp. 391–402 .
- Pearson, O. (2018). Tensed Emotions, Evolution, and Time. Philosophia, Vol. 46 2 pp. 401–409.
- Pearson, O. (2015). Rationality and the First Person. The Journal of Consciousness Studies, Vol. 22 11-12 pp.132-148.
- Mind, Language, and Metaphysics
- Aesthetics, Ethics, and Politics