Dr Adam Powell, BA Psychology, Certificate of Theological Studies, MA Religion, PhD Study of Religion
COFUND Junior Research Fellow in the Department of Theology and Religion
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 33 41657
Room number: Dun Cow Cottage 007
- Powell, Adam J. (2017). Hans Mol and the Sociology of Religion. Routledge.
- Powell, Adam J. (2015). Irenaeus, Joseph Smith, and God-Making Heresy. Fairleigh Dickinson University Press.
- Davies, Douglas J. & Powell, Adam J. (2015). Sacred Selves, Sacred Settings: Reflecting Hans Mol. Routledge.
Chapter in book
- Powell, Adam J. (2019). ‘A Simple and Warm Common Humanity’ Self-Transcendence and Restless Resilience in Jürgen Moltmann’s Theology. In Biblical and Theological Visions of Resilience. Cook, Chris & White, Nathan London: Routledge.
- Powell, Adam & Moseley, Peter (2020). When spirits speak: Absorption, attribution, and identity among spiritualists who report ‘clairaudient’ voice experiences. Mental Health, Religion, and Culture
- Powell, Adam J. (2018). Mind and spirit: hypnagogia and religious experience. The Lancet Psychiatry 5(6): 473-475.
- Powell, Adam J. (2017). Functionalism or Fallacy: Re-locating Hans Mol’s Identity Theory. Italian Sociological Review 7(1): 63-85.
- Powell, Adam J. (2017). The Hearing Voices Movement as Postmodern Religion-Making: Meaning, Power, Sacralisation, Identity. Implicit Religion 20(2): 105-126.
- Powell, Adam J (2017). The Place of Identity Dissonance and Emotional Motivations in Bio-Cultural Models of Religious Experience: A Report from the 19th Century. Journal for the Study of Religious Experience 3(1): 91-105.
- Powell, Adam J. (2016). Covenant Cloaks: Mormon Temple Garments in the Light of Identity Theory. Material Religion 12(4): 457-475.
- Powell, Adam J. (2015). The Ideal: One Possibility for the Future of Religious Identity. Intermountain West Journal of Religious Studies 6(1): 111-118.
- Powell, Adam J. (2013). Irenaeus and God's Gifts: Reciprocity in Against Heresies, Iv.14.1. Studia Patristica 65: 119-126.