Publication details for Professor Christopher C. H. CookDein, S., Cook, C. C. H. & Koenig, H. (2012). Religion, Spirituality, and Mental Health: Current Controversies and Future Directions. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease 200(10): 852-855.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0022-3018, 1539-736X
- DOI: 10.1097/NMD.0b013e31826b6dle
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Although studies examining religion, spirituality, and mental health generally indicate positive associations, there is a need for more sophisticated methodology, greater discrimination between different cultures and traditions, more focus on situated experiences of individuals belonging to particular traditions, and, in particular, greater integration of theological contributions to this area. We suggest priorities for future research based on these considerations.