Publication details for Revd Professor David WilkinsonWilkinson, David A. (2020). Pop science and pop theology: new ways of exploring an old dialogue. Theology 123(1): 20-27.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0040-571X (print), 2044-2696 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1177/0040571X19883534
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
While the contemporary media scene often reinforces the conflict model of science and religion, it also may offer new opportunities in moving present discussions of science and religion forward. Looking at news reporting, the new priesthood of scientific celebrities and the universal popularity of The Simpsons and Star Wars, this article argues that in the importance of the person, imagination and narrative, the scientist and the theologian can rediscover older and fruitful resources.