Publication details for Jenny LeighLeigh, Jennifer (2019). How to be Political: Smith’s Primer for Pilgrim Citizens. Studies in Christian Ethics 32(1): 108-112.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0953-9468 (print), 1745-5235 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1177/0953946818806786
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
This paper sets James K. A. Smith’s Awaiting the King against the background of the previous volumes in Smith’s Cultural Liturgies trilogy, and outlines this book’s argument for readers not familiar with it, bringing out the influence of St Augustine and Oliver O’Donovan. It draws attention to Smith’s responses within the book to earlier critics and, in turn, points towards two lines of critique of it.