Dr Carmody Grey, BA Hons Theology, Trinity College Oxford; MPhil Theology and Religious Studies, King's College Cambridge; MA Systematic and Philosophical Theology, University of Nottingham; OC
Assistant Professor of Catholic Theology in the Department of Theology and Religion
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 33 41660
Room number: Dun Cow Cottage 001
Indicators of Esteem
- Best Doctoral Thesis: Faculty of Arts, University of Bristol
- Schillebeeckx Prize: University of Nijmegen
- Theology and Religious Studies Prize: Faculty of Divinity, University of Cambridge
- Uses and Abuses of Biology Prize: First prize, Faraday Institute, University of Cambridge
- Catholic Social Teaching
- Faith and reason in modernity and postmodernity
- Philosophy of nature and life
- Theology and science, with special interests in life science, ecology and evolutionary biology
- (2019). Theology, Science and Life.
Chapter in book
- (2019). ‘Creation, Evil and Suffering’. In The Oxford Handbook of Creation. OUP.
- (2018). ‘In Defence of Biodiversity: Biodiversity in Ecology and Theology’. In Theology and Ecology Across the Disciplines: On Care For Our Common Home. T&T Clark: Bloomsbury.
- Grey, C. (2019). 'The Only Creature God Willed For Its Own Sake: Anthropocentrism in Laudato Si and Gaudium et Spes.'. Modern Theology
- Grey, C.T.S. (2019). Time and Measures of Success: Interpreting and Implementing Laudato Si. New Blackfriars
- Grey, C. (2015). Only Theology Saves Culture: Overcoming Nature-Culture Dualism in Modernity and Postmodernity. Tijdschrift voor Theologie 55(4): 325-337.
- Ernst M. Conradie, Sigurd Bergmann, Celia Deane-Drummond & Denis Edwards (Published). Review, Christian Faith and the Earth: Current Paths and Emerging Horizons in Ecotheology. Reviews in Religion and Theology 22(4): 319-22.
- Katharine Sarah Moody & Steven Shakespeare (2015). Review, Intensities: Philosophy, Religion and the Affirmation of Life. Reviews in Religion and Theology 22(1): 51-4.
- Alison Milbank (2013). Review, Chesterton and Tolkien as Theologians: The Fantasy of the Real. International Journal for the Study of the Christian Church 13(2): 163-5.
- Lisa Isherwood & Marko Zlomislic (2013). Review, The Poverty of Radical Orthodoxy. Reviews in Religion and Theology 20(3): 436-8.
Theology, Nature, Environment(20 hours/year.)