To limit the spread of the Coronavirus, all Durham University libraries and visitor attractions are closed to visitors until further notice. Please check the news on the Durham University Library and Collections homepage for more information.
The University Library can offer provision of a limited range of online resources to members or users of the library who are not members of the University.
Please ask at the Help and Information desk at the Bill Bryson Library or the service points in other libraries to register for this service and to obtain your password. Please note passwords are only valid for the day they are issued on.
What online facilities do I get?
Your guest login entitles you to:
- Access to a dedicated PC at Bill Bryson Library, Queen's Campus Stockton and the Leazes Road Library
- Access to a Web browser when you log in to this PC
- Access to some of the online resources subscribed to by the University, where authorised by vendor licenses. With a few of these you may need to seek assistance from Library staff to obtain a password.
Excluded online resources
These resources are excluded due to licence restrictions.
- Economic Intelligence Unit online resources
- Industrial relations law reports
- Institute of Physics ebooks
- Lexis Nexis (Business, Law and Employment Law Online)
- Naxos Music Library
- NetLibrary E-books
- 19th C Short Title Catalogue (CD-ROM)
- Orbis Bank Focus
- OVID services - Ovid journals, EBM Reviews including Cochrane
- Oxford Scholarship Online
- SciFinder Scholar (Chemical Abstracts Online)
- TRILT - Television and Radio Index for Learning and Teaching
Note: a range of other CD-ROM titles and a number of e-journals will also be unavailable, in addition to the major titles listed above.