Visitors and non-accademic guests should use ‘TheCloud@Durham’ to connect to the wireless service when visiting Durham University
‘TheCloud’ is a free public access wireless service with thousands of hotspots and millions of registered users, it provides simple, fast and reliable wireless Internet access
'TheCloud' service is available for Android, iOS, Windows and Mac devices.
To connect to ‘TheCloud@Durham’ simply follow the steps below:
1. Switch on your smartphone, tablet or other Wi-Fi device and check that Wi-Fi is enabled.
2. Select 'TheCloud@Durham' from the available network list
3. Open your Internet browser - 'TheCloud' landing page below will appear. Click 'Get Online'.
If the web page does not appear refresh the page or click here.
4. You will then see the service selection screen. Select ‘The Cloud Wi-Fi'.
5. Once this is done you can either login with an existing 'TheCloud' account, or click on the 'Create Account' button to register for a free account.
6. Once you have logged in or registered you will be able to access the Internet using 'TheCloud@Durham'.
For details on ‘TheCloud’ Wi-Fi Security' Click here
If you experience problems connecting to "TheCloud@Durham" please contact the IT Service Desk
Click here for FAQ