Dr Andrew Mein, MA (Oxon), MTh, DPhil
I studied theology at the Universities of Oxford, Edinburgh and then Oxford again, where I completed a D.Phil. on Ezekiel's ethics. From Oxford I moved to Cambridge in 1997, to work at Westcott House first as Tutor in Old Testament, then later as Senior Research Fellow in Biblical Studies. In addition to my teaching and research here in Durham, I am editor of Bloomsbury T&T Clark's monograph series the Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies (formerly the Journal for the Study of the OT Supplement Series).
- Mein, Andrew (2001). Ezekiel and the Ethics of Exile. OUP.
- Mein, Andrew, MacDonald, Nathan & Collins, Matthew A. (2019). The First World War and the Mobilization of Biblical Scholarship. Scriptural Traces. Bloomsbury T&T Clark.
- Mein, Andrew, Holt, Else K. & Kim, Hyun Chul Paul (2015). Concerning the Nations: Essays on the Oracles against the Nations in Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel. Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament studies, 612 T & T Clark library of biblical studies. London: Bloomsbury T&T Clark.
- Mein,Andrew & Joyce, Paul M. (2011). After Ezekiel: Essays on the Reception of a Difficult Prophet. LHBOTS 535. T&T Clark.
- Mein, Andrew & Hagedorn, Anselm C. (2011). Aspects of Amos: Exegesis and Interpretation. LHBOTS 536. T&T Clark.
Chapter in book
- Mein, Andrew (2019). Biblical Scholarship at War, 1914-1918. In The First World War and the Mobilization of Biblical Scholarship. Mein, Andrew, MacDonald, Nathan & Collins, Matthew A. 3-15.
- Mein, Andrew (2019). Psalms, Patriotism and Propaganda: A Favourite Book in Wartime Biblical Scholarship. In The First World War and the Mobilization of Biblical Scholarship. Mein, Andrew, MacDonald, Nathan & Collins, Matthew A. Bloomsbury T&T Clark. 163-185.
- Mein, Andrew (2016). Ezekiel: Structure, Themes and Contested Issues. In The Oxford Handbook of the Prophets. Sharp, Carolyn J. OUP. 190-206.
- Mein, Andrew (2015). The Wrong Kind of Island? Notes from a "Scept'red Isle". In Islands, Islanders and the Bible: RumInations. Havea, Jione, Aymer, Margaret & Davidson, Steed V. Atlanta, GA: Society of Biblical Literature (SBL). 185-197.
- Mein, Andrew (2014). The Armies of Gog, the Merchants of Tarshish, and the British Empire. In In the Name of God: The Bible in the Colonial Discourse of Empire. Crouch, C.L. & Stoekl, Jonathan Brill. 133-149.
- Mein, Andrew (2013). The Case of the Confiscated Cloak: Approaching Ancient Judahite Ethics. In Biblical Interpretation and Method: Essays in Honour of John Barton. Dell, Katharine J. & Joyce, Paul M. OUP. 297-310.
- Mein, Andrew (2012). The King's Justice? Early Modern Perspectives on Psalm 72. In Psalmody and Poetry in Old Testament Ethics. Human, Dirk J. T&T Clark. 93-111.
- Mein, Andrew (2011). Ezekiel's Women in Christian Interpretation. In After Ezekiel. Mein, A. & Joyce, P.M. T&T Clark. 159-184.
- Mein, Andrew (2011). The Radical Amos in Savonarola's Florence. In Aspects of Amos. Hagedorn, A.C. & Mein, A. T&T Clark. 117-140.
- Mein, Andrew (2017). Bishops, Baby-Killers and Broken Teeth: Psalm 58 and the Air War. Journal of the Bible and its Reception 4(2): 207-223.
- Andrew Mein (2017). Ezekiel in Exclusive Inclusivity. Journal of Hebrew Scriptures
- Mein, Andrew (2013). Ezekiel's Awkward God: Idolatry, Atheism, and the Via Negativa. Scottish Journal of Theology 66(3): 261-277.
- Mein, Andrew (2009). Justice and Dominion: The Imperial Legacy of Psalm 72. Bangalore Theological Forum 46(2): 143-166.
- (2007). Profitable and Unprofitable Shepherds: Economic and Theological Perepctives on Ezekiel 34. Journal for the Study of the Old Testament 31: 493-504.