Professor Peter Ward - all publications
- Ward, Pete (Forthcoming). Celebrity Worship. Routledge.
- Ward, Pete (2017). Introducing Practical Theology: Mission, Ministry, and the Life of the Church. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books.
- Ward, Pete (2017). Liquid Ecclesiology: The Gospel and The Church. Leiden Boston: Brill.
- Percy, Martyn & Ward, Pete (2014). Wisdom in the Spirit: Gospel, Church and Culture. Ashgate Contemporary Ecclesiology. Farnham, Surrey: Ashgate.
- Pete Ward (2012). Perspectives on Ecclesiology and Ethnography. Studies in Ecclesiology and Ethnography. Eerdmans.
- Pete Ward (2008). Mass Culture: The Interface of Eucharist and Mission. BRF.
- Pete Ward (2004). The Rite Stuff. BRF.
- Pete Ward (2011). God's Behaving Badly: Media Religion and Celebrity Culture. Baylor University Press.
- Pete Ward (2008). Particiption and Mediation: A Practical Theology for the Liquid Church. SCM Press.
- Pete Ward (2005). Selling Worship. Paternoster press.
- Pete Ward (2002). Liquid Church. Paternoster press.
- Pete Ward (1997). Youthwork and the Mission of God. SPCK.
- Pete Ward (1996). Growing Up Evangelical: Youthwork and the Making of a Subculture. SPCK.
- Pete Ward (1993). Worship and Youth Culture. Marshall PIckering.
- Pete Ward (1992). Youth Culture and the Gospel. Marshall Pickering.
Chapter in book
- Ward, Pete (2017). Celebrity Worship as Parareligion: Bieber and the Beliebers. In Religion and Popular Culture in America. Forbes, B. D. & Mahan, J. H. Oakland, California: University of California Press. 313-335.
- Ward, Pete (2016). ‘Seeing and Believing’. In The End of Theology: Shaping Theology for the Sake of Mission. Sexton, Jason S. & Weston, Paul Augsburg: Fortress press. 145-170.
- Paul S. Fiddies & Pete Ward (2012). Affirming Faith at a Service of Baptism in St Aldate's Church, Oxford. In Explorations in Ecclesiology and Ethnography. Christian B. Scharen Eerdmans. 51-70.
- Ward, Pete (2012). Attention and Conversation. In Perspectives on Ecclesiology and Ethnography. Ward, Pete Grand Rapids, Mich.: W.B. Eerdmans. 36-49.
- Pete Ward (2012). The Economics of Charismatic Evangelical Worship. In Religion, Media and Culture: A Reader. Gordon Lynch & Jolyon Mitchell Routledge. 23-30.
- Pete Ward (2007). The Eucharist and the Turn to Culture. In Gordon Lynch I.B. Taurus. 62-81.
- Pete Ward (2006). Reorganizing the Chairs on the Titanic: A Case of a Change in Priorities. In Why Liberal Churches are Growing. Martyn Percy & Ian Markham T and T Clark. 30-44.
- Ward, Pete (2018). Ecclesiology and Ethnography with Humility: Going Through Barth. Studia Theologica - Nordic Journal of Theology 72(1): 51-67.
- Ward, Peter (2015). Blueprint Ecclesiology and the Lived: Normativity as Perilous Faithfulness. Ecclesial Practices 2(1): 74-90
- Dunlop, Sarah & Ward, Peter (2014). Narrated Photography: Visual Representations of the Sacred Among young Polish migrants in England. Fieldwork in Religion 9(1): 30-52.
- Dunlop, Sarah & Ward, Pete (2012). From Obligation to Consumption in Two-and-a-half Hours: A Visual Exploration of the Sacred with Young Polish Migrants. Journal of Contemporary Religion 27(13): 433-451.
- Ward, Pete (2012). The Hermeneutical and Epistemological Significance of Our Students - A Response to Bonnie Miller-McLemore. International Journal of Practical Theology 16(1): 55-65.
- Pete Ward & Heidi Campbell (2011). Ordinary Theology as Narratives: An Empirical Study of Young People's Charismatic Worship in Scotland. International Journal of Practical Theology 15(2): 226-242.
- Pete Ward & Sarah Dunlop (2011). Practical Theology and the Ordinary: Visual Research among Migrant Polish Catholic Young People. Practical Theology 4(3): 295-313.
- Campbell, Heidi, Lynch, Gordon & Ward, Pete (2009). 'Can You Hear the Army?' Exploring Evangelical Discourse in Scottish Prayer Meetings. Journal of Contemporary Religion 24(2): 217-234.
- Pete Ward (2005). Affective Alliance or Circuits of Power: The Production and Consumption of Contemporary Charismatic Worship in Britain. International Journal of Practical Theology 9(1).
- Pete Ward (2005). Coming to Sermon: The Practice of Doctrine in the Preaching of John Calvin. Scottish Journal of Theology 58(3): 319-332.
- Pete Ward (2003). Renewal an Soul Survivor as Distinction and Subcultural Capital. Journal of Belief and Values 24(2).
- Pete Ward (2003). Union With Christ: The Subplot of Evangelical Soteriology. Youth and Theology 2(1).
- Pete Ward (2002). Spiritual Songs as Text, Genre and Interpretation. Youth and Theology 1(1).
- Pete Ward (1998). Alpha: The McDonaldisation of Religion. Anvil 15(4): 279-286.
- Ward, Pete (2014). When Gods Fall (off Their Bike). 32-33.