Dr Anna Rowlands, MA (Cantab) MA (London) PhD (Manchester)
St Hilda Associate Professor of Catholic Social Thought & Practice in the Department of Theology and Religion
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 33 43968
Room number: Abbey House 106
(email at email@example.com)
- Forced Migration, Political Theology, Catholic social thought, Gillian Rose, Simone Weil, Hannah Arendt
- Rowlands, Anna (Accepted). Catholic Social Teaching: A Guide for the Perplexed. Bloomsbury.
- Phillips, Elizabeth, Rowlands, Anna & Daughton, Amy (2018). T&T Clark Reader in Political Theology. Bloomsbury.
Chapter in book
- Rowlands, Anna (Accepted). Beginning in the Middle: the third city and the politics of membership. In Misrecognitions. Davis, Joshua B. Wipf and Stock.
- Rowlands, Anna (2018). Against the Manichees: Immigration detention and the theo-political imagination. In Religion in the European Refugee Crisis. Schmiedel, Ulrich & Smith, Graeme Cham: Palgrave Macmillan. 163-187.
- Rowlands, Anna (2018). On the Promise and Limits of Politics: Faith-Based Responses to Asylum-Seeking. In Fortress Britain? Ethical approaches to Immigration. Ryan, Ben London, UK Philadelphia, PA, USA: Jessica Kingsley Publishers. 68-93.
- Rowlands, Anna (2018). Temporality, Dispossession and the Search for the Good: Interpreting the Book of Jeremiah with the Jesuit Refugee Service. Political Theology 19(6): 517-536.
- 2017: Post-Laudato Si' project: theology, ecology and development (£116000.00 from Stichting Porticus)
- 2016: Local Community Experiences and Responses to Conflict Induced Displacement from Syria: Views from Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey (£74872.09 from AHRC)
- 2015: PhD in the area of Catholic charitable work around homelessness (£45000.00 from The Charles Plater Trust)