Summer Vacation 2018
- Vacation borrowing, renewals and recalls
- Vacation opening hours
- Information for finalists
- Leazes Road Library closure
- Queen's Campus Library service changes
- Remember that standard loan periods are the same as term-time borrowing.
- Library users are still able to reserve items during University holidays and your books may be recalled. They will need to be returned to the Library.
- Leazes Road library will be closed over the summer and items borrowed from Leazes Road library can be returned to Bill Bryson library from 16 June until 31 August 2018.
- Find details for our libraries on our Library sites webpages.
- Items can be renewed up to 10 times only if the item is not recalled.
- If another user requests an item which you have on loan, it will be given a new due date by which you must return the book to the Library. During summer vacation you will have 2 weeks to return recalled books.
- If you need to return an item whilst on vacation, you should post it to the Library. For Library address and contacts, please visit: durham.ac.uk/library/contacts.
Please check our opening hours page for details of vacation opening times at each University Library location.
Leaving University? Please remember to return all of the Library books and any other items you have out on loan, and clear your Library account of any outstanding charges: library.dur.ac.uk/patroninfo.
Due to the refurbishment programme for the School of Education, it will be necessary to close Leazes Road library over the summer. The library will be closed from Saturday 16 June to Sunday 2 September inclusive.
During this time, books borrowed from Leazes Road Library may be returned to Bill Bryson Library. Bill Bryson library will be open daily until 20:00 including weekends. For details see opening hours: durham.ac.uk/library/using/opening.
There will be no book drop at either library when the library is closed over the summer, due to refurbishment at both locations.
Returned books will be held at Bill Bryson library and may be borrowed again from there.
If you are likely to need books from Leazes Road, please borrow them before 15 June. Whilst we may be able to retrieve books after this date, you will need to allow time for the items to be collected. More details about any retrieval service will follow.
If you have any difficulties due to these arrangements, please contact Bill Bryson library staff or email: email@example.com.
From 1 September 2018 services and opening hours at Queen’s campus library will be changing. The library service will be for the International Study Centre students. Web pages will be updated over the summer with relevant information.