The web is an important source of information but a lot of the content should be treated with caution. A good place to start your search is from the Library's own list of Internet Gateways which also includes a link to Google Scholar. These Gateways provide access to a wide range of web pages that have been evaluated and identified as appropriate for use by students in higher education.
The page also contains links for three of the major Internet Search Engines, if you wish to conduct your own searches using these resources, please view the Library's guide on how to search and evaluate the information on the web.
The gateways page includes reources specifically aimed at the individual faculties - please see below for list of recommended sites for your subject:
- TechXtra - access to e-prints, technical reports, theses, articles, news, trade magazines and job announcements.
- Odysci - web portal with: technical papers published by the main publishers in the computer science and electronic engineering areas; ranked lists of papers and their links; opportunities to collaborate with peers by reading and posting comments about papers.
- Computer Science bibliographies - A collection of bibliographies of scientific literature in computer science from various sources, covering most aspects of computer science. Updated monthly so that you'll always find the most recent versions here. Contains more than 1.4 million references (mostly to journal articles, conference papers and technical reports). Maintained in the Universitat Karlsruhe.
- SciCentral - science and engineering gateway
- WWW Virtual Library for Engineering and WWW Virtual Library for Computing and Computer Science
- Engineering resources from BSchool.com (an online resource for MBA information and resources): Includes access to general resources; information on the history of engineering; links to information on the main branches of engineering, including to professional bodies and The Open Mechanical Engineering Journal; and links to resources on engineering methodology. Search engine primarily for literature in computer and information science.