Easter Vacation 2017
- Vacation opening hours
- Library closures and limited opening periods during the Easter vacation
- Vacation borrowing
- Contact Us
Vacation opening hours
Bill Bryson Library
Opening hours will vary around the Easter vacation:
|Friday 24 March||Library 24/7 ends, closing at 22:00|
|Saturday 25 March - Thursday 13 April
|Saturday and Sunday||09:00 - 20:00|
|Monday - Friday||08:30 - 20:00|
|Easter Weekend, Friday 14 - Monday 17 April
|Good Friday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Easter Saturday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Easter Monday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tuesday 18 April
||Library 24/7 begins, starting at 08:30|
Queen's Campus Library
Library 24/7 opening hours finish on Saturday 18 March, when the Library will close at 22:00. Easter vacation opening hours will operate from Sunday 19 March to Friday 21 April 2017. Open Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 20:00. Closed weekends and during the Easter weekend (Friday 14 - Monday 17 April 2017). Library 24/7 will then begin on Saturday 22 April 2017 at 10:00.
Leazes Road Library
Easter vacation opening hours will operate from Saturday 18 March to Sunday 23 April 2017. Open Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00, Saturdays 09:00 - 13:00. Closed Sundays and during the Easter weekend (Friday 14 - Monday 17 April 2017).
Palace Green Library
Open as normal throughout the Easter vacation with the exception of Easter Sunday on Sunday 16 April when it will be closed.
Please visit the Library opening hours webpage for details of vacation hours at each University Library location.
Library closures and limited opening periods
The Bill Bryson Library, Leazes Road Library, Palace Green Library and Queen's Campus Library will be closed on Easter Sunday (16 April 2017).
Queen's Campus Library, Leazes Road Library and the Barker Research Library at Palace Green Library will be closed throughout the Easter weekend (Friday 14 - Monday 17 April 2017 inclusive).
The Bill Bryson Library will offer limited Bank Holiday opening hours on Easter Weekend, opening 09:00 – 17:00 on Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday.
Palace Green Library's galleries, Bishop Cosin's Library, shop and reception will be open as normal on Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday. Please see our opening hours pages for full details.
- Vacation borrowing works in exactly the same way as term-time borrowing - loan periods do not alter.
- Remember that standard loans periods will remain at three weeks for undergraduates and these items may need to be renewed a number of times during the vacation period.
- If you are spending the Easter vacation away from the North East, think carefully about borrowing 3 day loan items as these will need to be renewed every three days.
- Items can be renewed up to 10 times if the item is not recalled, so the maximum borrowing period for 3 day loan items is 30 days. After this point, the item will begin to accrue fines and will need to be returned to the Library.
For full information about borrowing during the Easter vacation, visit our Vacation Periods webpage.
For further information regarding the Easter vacation, contact details for each library are available online.