Health and Safety Service
The Health and Safety Service is committed to its primary role of providing competent advice, guidance and coaching to improve outcomes and deliver on its responsibilities as the independent adviser, auditor and prime mover in the Health and Safety Management system. The strategic themes, listed below, align to those of the HSE and support continual improvement:
- Acting Responsibly: promoting broader ownership and knowledge of responsibilities for health and safety across the University;
- Managing Occupational Health Risk: promoting broader awareness and ownership of occupational health issues across the University;
- Managing Risks Well: promoting risk awareness and demonstrable systems of control across the University;
- Supporting Departments, Colleges and Services: providing competent advice, guidance and coaching to assist the University in managing its risks to occupational health and safety;
- Keeping Pace with Change: ensuring the University is aware of its legal duties by highlighting any changes in legislation, guidance and standards; and
- Sharing Good Practice: promoting and sharing areas of good practice in occupational health and safety to the wider-University, from both internal and external sources.
Durham University Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Resources
Click on the link below to see a map showing Durham University's EDI resources, including defibrillators, changing places, baby changing and feeding facilities and accessible toilets.