Skip to main content

Official Documents

A group of undergraduate students

If you are a current or former student needing your student status/qualification verified, we offer the following services which can be ordered from our online document store.

Confirmation of award letters

A Confirmation of award letter will confirm the successful completion of your course, dates of attendance and qualification obtained.

If you are 'awaiting graduation', the letter will also include a statement of when you will receive your award.

Dividing banner

Certified copies

If you need your degree parchment officially certified, you can upload a photocopy or scan of your degree parchment, and we will stamp and verify it as a true copy of the original. This service is also available for transcripts.

All official documents provided will be signed and stamped with the official university stamp and can be posted or collected from the Student Services desk in the Palatine Centre.

Dividing banner

Official Academic Transcript

A transcript is an official hard copy of your academic record. It is prepared on bespoke transcript paper and is issued by the University of Durham. If you attended prior to 2005, your records will be collated manually. Although we always endeavour to locate all information required for a transcript, it is not always possible. Student Registry will contact you in this instance.

Electronic Official Academic Transcript

We can provide a PDF transcript which is an official copy of your academic record. This is a digital document which is sent by email.

Dividing banner

Replacement Parchment

If your parchment is lost, stolen or damaged, you can order a replacement. Parchment is the word which the University uses to mean your certificate. Your parchment is an official document which proves that you have a University of Durham qualification which includes: undergraduate degrees, postgraduate degrees, certificates and diplomas of higher education.

Only one copy of your parchment may be in existence at any one time.

Dividing banner

World Education Services

If you require an official document to be sent to WES (World Education Services) please include your WES reference number in your order. Documents will be sent digitally via their secure portal.

Dividing banner

Current Students

Information relating to documents available for current students can be found here.