Bill Bryson Library
The Bill Bryson Library is situated on Stockton Road on the Science Site at Durham Campus (travel information).
Get directions to the Bill Bryson Library
To access the Bill Bryson Library, you must bring your Campus Card with you and swipe in using the turnstiles.
External day visitors are welcome - please bring bring photo ID and proof of your address. Please check our Access for Visitors page for eligibility.
We are currently carrying out infrastructure maintenance, and as a result some website functionality is currently unavailable. We hope to have full service restored as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.
This is a summary of Bill Bryson Library study facilities, full details are available.
- 1200+ study spaces
- Two networked PC rooms including scanning and printing facilities
- Wireless network access
- Loanable laptop service
- Bookable group study rooms including projectors, video and DVD players
- 21 individual study rooms, bookable through our online booking system
- Facilities for students with disabilities
The Bill Bryson Library includes three major documentation collections, rich in primary sources:
- The Middle East Documentation Unit (MEDU) is of national significance, including many publications unique within the British Isles.
- The British Official Publications collection includes UK government reports, statistics and legislation.
- The European Documentation Centre (EDC) is a collection of publications of the European Union.
Fax: +44 (0) 191 334 2971