Bill Bryson Library
The Bill Bryson Library is situated on Stockton Road on the Science Site at Durham Campus (travel information).
Get directions to the Bill Bryson Library
To access the Bill Bryson Library, you must bring your Campus Card with you and swipe in using the turnstiles.
External day visitors are welcome - please bring bring photo ID and proof of your address. Please check our Access for Visitors page for eligibility.
Opening HoursBill Bryson Library is the main University Library.
|Sun 29 March 2020||Closed|
|Mon 30 March 2020||Closed|
|Tue 31 March 2020||Closed|
|Wed 1 April 2020||Closed|
|Thu 2 April 2020||Closed|
|Fri 3 April 2020||Closed|
|Sat 4 April 2020||Closed|
Map and Study facilities
Here you can find a map of the Bill Bryson Library. Level 2 is the floor on which you enter the Library.
This is a summary of Bill Bryson Library study facilities, full details are available. In 2018/19 extensive remodelling work has taken place in the Library to further improve the study space and catering provision. For further information on the remodelling work, please visit here.
- 1800 study spaces
- Two networked PC rooms including scanning and printing facilities
- Wireless network access
- Loanable laptop service
- Bookable group study rooms including projectors, video and DVD players
- 21 individual study rooms, bookable through our online booking system
- Facilities for students with disabilities
The Bill Bryson Library includes three major documentation collections, rich in primary sources:
- The Middle East Documentation Unit (MEDU) is of national significance, including many publications unique within the British Isles.
- The British Official Publications collection includes UK government reports, statistics and legislation.
- The European Documentation Centre (EDC) is a collection of publications of the European Union.
The Bill Bryson Library also holds the Meissen Library Collection, which is the largest gathered, German-language collection of theology in Britain.
Fax: +44 (0) 191 334 2971
SCONUL Access Contact
Bill Bryson Library
Information on this page relates to the 2019-20 academic year