Research is often presented at conferences during its development and to gain feedback and comments from peers. Conference papers are also used as a medium to promote research findings ahead of publication in a journal, which can be a time-consuming process. Printed conference papers kept in the Library can be found using the Library Catalogue by entering the conference title.
Other resources useful to locating conference papers and proceedings are:
- Web of Science Conference Proceedings indexes the published literature of significant conferences around the world in two subject groupings: 'Science' and 'Social Science & Humanties'. Select the Web of Science tab when you connect to Web of Knowledge to enable you to limit to conferences. Please note that this will find individual papers.
- ProceedingsFirst contains citations from worldwide meetings, conferences, expositions, workshops and symposia, and lists the papers presented.Please note that this will find a set of papers from a session or entire conference.
- Zetoc hosts a conference search, which indexes over 100,000 conferences since 1993.
- (Once you are logged in to Zetoc, select the Search menu and then Conference serach from the options presented).
- Conferences Alerts web site lists academic conferences worldwide.