These web pages provide an overview of the support and services available to our researchers at Durham.
Training and PGR Support
Information on the training provided by the library to researchers at all stages of their career, and further information for new PGR students.
- Introduction and quick guides
- Academic Liaison Librarians
- Durham e-Theses
- Overview of researcher training available
- Training booking system
- Archived and related online training resources
- Improving your search techniques
- Identifying appropriate subject resources
- Managing your references: Endnote
Disseminating and Evaluating your research
Information to support researchers in publishing their research, from maximising their potential dissemination and impact footprint, through support for meeting open access requirements and bibliometrics and citation analysis.
- Peer Review
- Open Access and meeting funder / REF requirements
- Research Data Management
- Journal Impact Factors
- Bibliometric and Citation Analysis
- Submitting your Thesis
- Durham e-Theses
- Discovering Doctoral Theses
Library Services and Resources
Services and Resources provided for researchers.
- Document Delivery Service
- Photocopying and postal loans services
- Using other libraries and archives
- Requesting new items of stock
- Keeping track of new purchases
- New collections and trials
- Dedicated Researcher study space
- Bill Bryson, Queen's Campus and Leazes Road Libraries
Additional Support for Research
The Library is continuing to review and improve its service provision to meet the needs of our researchers, including support for the REF and providing advice on copyright.
- Guidance on copyright
- Copyright and Durham authors
- University Copyright Officer
Third Party Image Credits
Your Academic Liaison Librarian
Research Support Statement
"In a rapidly evolving research and information environment the library aims to support research in all disciplines across the research life cycle, from securing funding awards, to the dissemination and evaluation of your research and its impact.
This covers a broad range of activities, from the training and support provided through the Researcher Development and Leading Research Programmes, to enabling researchers to meet the open access and research data management requirements set by funders and the management and maintenance of our institutional repository Durham Research Online.
We are heavily involved in supporting the university's REF submissions, and can provide additional advice and services on bibliometrics and citation analysis."