Reading Lists for Current Modules
Every year the Library receives well over 1,000 reading lists. In order to process these as efficiently as possible in time for the start of the academic year, we ask that where possible academic staff update existing lists rather than submitting whole lists to the Library. The deadline for reading list submissions ahead of the 2019-20 academic year is the 1st July 2019. Given the number of lists the library processes and the lead time for buying new titles, if one is received after that date we cannot guarantee that library materials will be in place for the start of the Michaelmas term.
How to update an existing list
- If the Library already has a list for your module, you should receive a copy in Excel spreadsheet format by the end of May.
- Follow the instructions in the spreadsheet (or consult this guide). Please:
- update module information (especially convenor[s] or number of students)
- list any additions required
- describe any new digitisation requests
- mark clearly any items that can be removed from the current module reading list.
- Send the spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please chase up if you do not receive an acknowledgement within two days.
If you did not receive a spreadsheet
Ask email@example.com and we will send you one, or...
- Locate your list via the current reading lists page (enter your CIS username and password when prompted).
- Click on the appropriate stem for your module (e.g. ANTH for Anthropology).
- From the resulting list, click on the appropriate module code.
- When the dialogue box appears ignore the warning; this is normal. Click 'Yes' to proceed.
- Edit as per step 2 above (under 'how to edit an existing list')
- Save a copy of the spreadsheet, using the module code as the file name (e.g. ANTH1234). It is essential to change the file type to Excel workbook (*.xlsx) when saving or your changes will be lost. Do this by selecting 'Save as' from the File menu and choosing 'Excel workbook' from the options or by clicking the 'Convert' button in the File menu
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don't like the spreadsheets
- You can check the existing list in duo, where the presentation is clearer, if you prefer, then describe the changes required in an email to the above address
- If extensive revisions are required or the spreadsheet is too fiddly to change, simply describe the changes as clearly as possible in an email to the above address.
- The important thing is that you check the existing library provision (both in terms of availability of resources and the accuracy of the digital list on DUO) and describe any changes required clearly.
Information on this page relates to sources required for summative assessments before June 2020.