Trusts & Scholarships
Through the generosity of Alumni, in particular, the College is extremely fortunate in having extensive funds to distribute to its students annually in order to support them in academic and social activities that contribute to the overall “Student Experience”.
Students who are interested in any of these funds should contact The Principal or Julie Blake on 0191 33 firstname.lastname@example.org further information.
The College is able to offer scholarships to post-graduate students for their studies including:
- The Caedmon/Ceolfrid Trust: Provides financial support to members of the College in various ways. Amongst other things, the Trust supports students in hardship, certain extra-curricular activities, postgraduate research, provides discrete funds for capital projects on the College site, has historically funded the marquee at College Day and usually provides up to eight annual College Choral Scholarships.
- The St. Hild & St. Bede Trust: A diocesan Trust, independent of College that historically provides funding for the College Chaplain; annual Theology Scholarships, Organ Scholarships and a Director and Assistant Director of Music.
- The Ann Boynton Memorial Fund: This prestigious fund was established by the family of a former student to provide for an annual prize(s) of up to £300 each for the student(s) who has maintained good academic progress whilst contributing widely to College activities, particularly to the caring and welfare of others.
- The John (Jack) Simpson Greenwell Memorial Fund: Established from the estate of a former student at Bede College to provide students with bursaries to support their academic work; specifically projects, dissertations, fieldwork and necessary overseas visits.
- The Hannah Barrett Trust Fund (in Memory of Hannah Barrett): This scholarship was specifically created to assist Hild Bede Modern Foreign Language students going into their third year of study (year abroad). This Fund was established in 2013 in memory of Hannah, a former Hild Bede student. Contributions to the Fund have been made by family, friends and peers of Hannah’s to commemorate her life.