New Students Starting 2018
Undergraduate Students - Please note forms and information below relate to Undergraduate Students
New first year undergraduate students will be required to arrive in College on Sunday 30 September between 10.00 am and 3.00 pm. International Students arriving before 30 September should contact the International Office for details of their 'Meet & Greet Service'. An information pack will be sent out from College on the 20 or 21 August to home students,which will include the forms below, but international students should download the forms and then send a copy back to us via email. International students will receive an email from the College next week with further instructions. The forms need returning to College by Friday 31 August, and if you are not able to get the forms back to us by this deadline then please email us to let us know, and try to get them back as quickly as possible after this date.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to the College. Please do refer back to this web page as further information may be added before October.
Essential Information and Forms To Complete
- Information and Forms to Complete - Please read this first to see what you need to complete and return.
- Important Instructions for Arrival on Sunday 30 September - Please read
- Welcome Letter from Principal - Undergraduates
- Provide 4 passport sized photographs with full name clearly written on the reverse of each photograph (To be returned to College by 31/08/18)
- College Induction Form for new Undergraduate Students 2018 ( to complete and return to College by 31/08/18)
- Licence Agreement (online form - please note you will be sent an email with a link to this. If you have not received this email by 14/9/18 then please contact College.
- Student Development and Support
- College Community Handbook - (Please read before signing College Community Handbook form)
- College Community Handbook Form ( to be signed and returned to College by 31/08/18, please read Community Handbook first)
- College Mentor Form (to be returned to College by 31/08/18)
- Linen Pack Order Form - International Students Only
- Student Enrolment Process - Please read - to complete online enrolment before arrival in Durham. Verification is completed on arrival at College.
- College Fees and Charges - UG Fee Schedule 2018 Important please read both documents - Action will be required
- How to Pay your Residence and Tuition Fees - Important please read
- Consent Matters - All Students are expected to take the online course: Consent Matters: Boundaries, Respect, and Positive Intervention (located under My Organisations & Online Training on DUO). Please read document headed Student Development and Support. In addition College will be giving compulsory talks during Induction and the first week of term.
- Hild-Bede SRC Things to Order - to complete and return to College by 31/08/18
- SRC Freshers Handbook 2018
- SRC Programme of Events
- SRC Guideline to Events
- Traffic Arrangements for Sunday 30 September 2018
- Car Parking
Please see the important Medical Registration information linked to below. Please read all these documents carefully and complete the two forms. The forms should then be returned by post in a sealed envelope to the Durham medical practice of your choice by 21st September 2018.
Useful University Information
Durham University has arranged contents insurance for students resident in student accommodation with Endsleigh, the No.1 student insurance provider. It is important for all students to check this cover, so please follow the steps below to ensure that the protection provided is fully understood.
The policy number is HH1288. Visit endsleigh.co.uk/reviewcover to check the policy details.
Visit the review cover link to:
✔Check what is covered.
✔ Check key exclusions and limitations.
✔ Check the policy excess.
✔ Check how to make a claim, extend and personalise cover.
It is important to find out exactly what is covered as it may be that the contents cover is not sufficient and requires extension it to protect all possessions both inside and outside of a room.
Items you must not bring with you:
- Mini fridges
- Incense sticks
- Dangerous Weapons
- Portable heaters/cooling or air purifying equipment
- Block adapters
- Large TV’s over 26 inches
- Electric blankets
- Fairy lights (except battery operated ones)
- Pets (including Goldfish)
- Overseas electrical equipment with non UK standard plugs