New Students Starting 2015
Undergraduate Students - Please note forms and information below relate to Undergraduate Students
New first year undergraduate students will be required to arrive in College on Sunday 4 October between 10.00 am and 3.00 pm. International Students arriving before 4 October should contact the International Office for details of their 'Meet & Greet Service'. . An information pack will be posted out from College the week beginning 17th August. Please look at the document entitled Information and Forms to Complete August 2015. The forms in the pack can be also be downloaded below and returned to us via email. The forms need returning to College by Monday 31 August, and if you are not able to get the forms back to us by this deadline then please email us to let us know, and try to get them back as quickly as possible after this date.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to the College. Please do refer back to this web page as further information may be added before October.
Essential Information and Forms To Complete
- Information and Forms to Complete - Please read first
- Important Instructions for Arrival on Sunday 4th October
- Welcome Letter from Principal - Undergraduates
- Provide 4 passport sized photographs with full name clearly written on the reverse of each photograph (To be returned to College by 31/8/15)
- Room Allocation Form (to complete and return to College by 31/8/15)
- Licence Agreement (online form - please note this will not be available until 1 September and to be completed by 10 September)
- College Community Handbook - (Please read before signing College Community Handbook form )
- College Community Handbook Form ( to be signed and returned to College by 31/8/15, please read Community Handbook first)
- Medical Letter to New Students - To read before completing Medical Questionnaire and NHS Registration Form
- Medical History Questionnaire and NHS GMS1 Registration Form - (to complete and return to College by 31/8/15 - follow instructions on information and forms to complete)
- GP Vaccination Letter
- Student Enrolment Process - Please read - to complete online enrolment and module registration before arrival in Durham. Verification is completed on arrival at College.
- College Charges -
- How to Pay your Residence and Tuition Fees
- Hild-Bede Freshers 2015 - Information Pack from George McNeilly SRC President - (to complete and return to College by 31/8/15)
- SRC Freshers Handbook 2015
- Traffic Arrangements for Sunday 4 October 2015
- Car Parking
Useful University Information
Insurance Cover for Students
Durham University have arranged contents insurance cover from Endsleigh Insurance Services Ltd. for students who reside in College accommodation.
Enter in your policy number HH1288 at http://ends.ly/CoverReview to check your policy details.
Visit the review cover link to:
• Check what is covered.
• Check key exclusions and limitations.
• Check your policy excess.
• Check how to make a claim, extend and personalise your cover.
It is important to find out exactly what the basic level of cover is as you may find that this is not sufficient for your individual circumstances and you need to extend it to protect all of your possessions both in and outside of your room.