The main Alumni group is the very active association of the College of St Hild & St Bede, founded in 1975 by the merger of the Bede College Club and the St Hild's Association.
All students automatically become members of the college Association for 3 years following graduation, but then sign-up to continue their Association membership with an annual fee of just £5. This entitles members to maintain contact through the Association Magazine which is published every June, and through the 'Association Weekend' in September.
Specific groups have regular reunions of their own e.g., The 2s-Up Club, The Odinians Society and the London Hild Bede Club. Other year groups hold their reunions within the Association Weekend.
Recent graduates traditionally meet over Old Boys' Weekend in October for sporting events against current students.
Contributions to the Association Magazine are welcomed and if you would like to become involved with the association then please contact Prof. Chris Hutchison, email@example.com, President of the Association, c/o the College of St Hild & St Bede, Durham, DH1 1SZ.
General enquries about the association can also be directed through Mrs Julie Blake firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of College have gone on to have very successful lives and have contributed greatly to society, for example
- Leader of the House of Commons
- Members of the House of Lords
- Members of Parliament and Government
- Eminent Academics (around the world)
- University Vice-Chancellor
- Prime-time TV Sports Presenter
- Captain of England's Cricket Team
- Head of Finance Control at British Telecom
- High Court Judge
- Polar Explorer
- Olympic rower
- International rugby players
- Chairman of FA club
- Religious leaders
- ......... and many, many more.
To ensure you receive the annual alumni magazine and continue your Association membership after you graduate, please download the form below.
- Standing order form for Association membership (last modified: 11 April 2014)