How to Apply
- Applications close 5pm on 14th February 2022.
- Shortlisting will then take place by a judging panel.
- The Art Prize Exhibition, showcasing all shortlisted artworks, will be launched during Easter break 2022. The exhibition will be both online and physical, displayed in a University building.
- Prize-winners will be selected by a second judging panel (including an invited artist, curatorial, alumni, and academic representatives).
- Prize-winners will be presented with their awards at a dedicated celebration event in June 2022.
- The Art Prize online exhibition will remain online in the long term and will be archived into ‘past art prizes’ on the University’s website.
- The Art Prize physical exhibition will remain on display until March 2023 at the latest.
- Only submissions from current, registered students will be accepted.
- To submit an entry, download the online form, complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may submit up to 5 digital images of the submitted artwork. Each digital image must be in JPEG or TIFF (or MP4 for film) format only and no larger than 4mb. Images should be attached to the submission email or clearly named and sent via WeTransfer to email@example.com
- Please label all digital submission forms files and images with your last name, title of work and file type. Eg: Smith_Title_SubmissionForm
- All submissions must be accompanied by the 100-word interpretation, requested in the submission form, linking the artwork to the prize’s theme.
- The deadline for applications is 5pm on 14th February 2022.
- Only one submission permitted per student, or one submission from a group of student’s collaborating together.
- You may also submit your application as an audio recording, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to chat further.
- Initial shortlisting will take place from the submitted digital files, therefore all artworks must be able to be represented in a digital image for 2D and 3D artworks or MP4 for film and performance works.
- All artworks must be able to be framed and glazed or otherwise safely displayed, unless an alternative solution is specifically agreed via email in advance of submission.
- If frames, artworks must be able to be secured to a wall using mirror plates or Ryman fixings. Clip frames and solid metal frames will not be accepted.
- The University may choose to reframe shortlisted artworks for the Art Prize Exhibition, this will be agreed with you via email.
- No artwork larger than A0 size, including the frame, will be accepted. Unless specifically agreed via email in advanced.
- All artistic media will be considered, including performance, photography and film.
- If successfully shortlisted, one of the images/files you submit with your application will be used in the online exhibition.
- All shortlisted artworks will be displayed in an online exhibition as part of the University’s Summer in the City arts festival, www.sitcfestival.org, it is our intention that the shortlisted works will also be displayed in a physical exhibition.
- The installation and exhibition of artworks will be discussed with each individual artist. The University reserve the right to not exhibit your artwork physically if a safe and secure display method cannot be found. Student artists are responsible for the delivery and collection of artworks. Any artwork not collected within 14 days of the exhibition closing will be disposed of by the university as it sees fit.
- The artwork submitted must be available for the duration of any proposed physical exhibition (April 2022 to March 2023).
The Art Collection reserves the right to review, change or cancel any physical exhibition due to extenuating circumstances.
Please contact us at email@example.com
- If you would find another way to apply more accessible.
- If you need support with completing the submission form.
- If you have any additional questions about the prize.
- Adult Image Consent Form (last modified: 22 October 2021)
- Key Dates SAP 2021-22 (last modified: 10 November 2021)
- StudentArtPrizeSubmission2021-22 (PDF Version) (last modified: 10 November 2021)
- StudentArtPrizeSubmission2021-22 (Word Doc Version) (last modified: 10 November 2021)
- Terms Student Art Prize 2021-22 (last modified: 10 November 2021)
- Under 18 Image Consent Form (last modified: 22 October 2021)