University Executive Committee
The University Executive Committee (UEC) works as a team and is chaired by the Vice-Chancellor. UEC is a joint committee of Council and Senate and responsible to these bodies for the running of the University. UEC normally meets weekly. Membership includes the following:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Provost, Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Research and Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Education - responsible for overarching strategy and external relations in their areas of responsibility.
- Faculty Pro-Vice-Chancellors - responsible for management and operation of their Faculty.
- The Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Colleges and Student Experience) - responsible for management and operation of The Colleges.
- Chief Operating Officer (Registrar) - responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for University Business with delegated budgetary, line management and planning responsibilities for the Professional Support Services (other than the Finance Directorate).
- Chief Financial Officer - responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for central Financial Services, Financial Strategy, Procurement, Treasury, Investment and has delegated budgetary, line management and planning responsibilities for the Finance Directorate.
Note: The University Secretary is the secretary to the University Executive Committee.