Publication detailsBoliver, V. & Gorard, S. (2020). The use of evidence from research on contextualised admissions to widen access to Scottish universities. In Getting Evidence into Education: Evaluating the Routes to Policy and Practice. Gorard, S. London: Routledge. 166-177.
- Publication type: Chapter in book
- ISSN/ISBN: 9780367258801, 9780367258832
- DOI: 10.4324/9780429290343-12
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
This chapter looks at our role in providing evidence on the practicalities and implications of using contextualised admissions to universities, primarily in Scotland. The use of contexualised admissions has become a national policy for all universities in Scotland, and ambitious targets have been set for widening access. How did this come about, what will it mean for student intakes, and what are the mis-steps in the policy?