Centre for Social Justice and Community Action
The Centre for Social Justice and Community Action is a research centre at Durham University, made up of academic researchers from a number of departments and disciplines and community partners. Our aim is to promote and develop research, teaching, public/community engagement and staff development (both within and outside the university) around the broad theme of social justice in local and international settings, with a specific focus on participatory action research. Read More about the Centre.
Members of the Centre are involved in research on issues with social justice at their heart, including youth welfare, criminal justice, fear of crime, health and wellbeing, household debt, migration and asylum, community development and civil engagement, social work and care, climate change, environmental justice, globalisation, gender, violence, children’s participation and rights.
This research is conducted at sites including the UK, Mozambique, Nepal, Canada, Brazil, Finland, Tanzania, Bangladesh and China. See below for examples of the work conducted by members of the CSJCA.
- Thanks to all wonderful participants you made the event! & speakers @MBrydonMiller @cahillNYC @ThriveTeesside Kath & Yvonne Hall #cbprethics
Tweeted on Fri, 08 Jul 2016 17:08:35 +0100
- Lots of food for thought: roundtables on enacting participatory ethics in writing/impact/arts methods #cbprethics https://t.co/Qgb7gIkTgJ
Tweeted on Fri, 08 Jul 2016 15:42:36 +0100
- Feeling grief and outrage at police violence against young people in NYC @cahillNYC #cbprethics
Tweeted on Fri, 08 Jul 2016 14:08:44 +0100
- Caitlin Cahill uses Rob Nixon's "slow violence" -incremental assaults on poor NYC communities of colour @cahillNYC #cbprethics
Tweeted on Fri, 08 Jul 2016 14:01:54 +0100
- RT @haraldfred: C Cahill on her research on stops and frisks in NYC. "Researchers for Fair Policing" https://t.co/yWKMkDCspH @public_scienc…
Tweeted on Fri, 08 Jul 2016 13:56:51 +0100
29 Old Elvet
Brochures and reports about the Centre
The Centre for Social Justice and Community Action has an ongoing fundraising appeal to support its work.
If you, like us, care passionately about social justice, please do consider donating to our efforts.
A donation to the Centre for Social Justice and Community Action can be made via the following link https://www.dunelm.org.uk/csj.