Centre for Social Justice and Community Action
The Centre for Social Justice and Community Action is a research centre at Durham University, made up of academic researchers from a number of departments and disciplines and community partners. Our aim is to promote and develop research, teaching, public/community engagement and staff development (both within and outside the university) around the broad theme of social justice in local and international settings, with a specific focus on participatory action research. Read More about the Centre.
Members of the Centre are involved in research on issues with social justice at their heart, including youth welfare, criminal justice, fear of crime, health and wellbeing, household debt, migration and asylum, community development and civil engagement, social work and care, climate change, environmental justice, globalisation, gender, violence, children’s participation and rights.
This research is conducted at sites including the UK, Mozambique, Nepal, Canada, Brazil, Finland, Tanzania, Bangladesh and China. See below for examples of the work conducted by members of the CSJCA.
- You can access CSJCA BULLETIN January 30, 2017 by clicking this link:
Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- You cant miss this ticket: Trust and Mistrust: Ethics in Participatory Research, Design, Democracy and Action. Book… https://t.co/TGSOShcZcE
Tweeted on Fri, 20 Jan 2017 09:13:15 +0000
- Participate in:Trust and Mistrust: Ethics in Participatory Research, Design, Democracy and Action. Register now at:
Tweeted on Fri, 20 Jan 2017 08:46:42 +0000
- Trust & Mistrust: Ethics in Participatory Research, Design, Democracy and Action. 17th Feb, Lindisfarne Centre, St. Aiden’sCollege,
Tweeted on Fri, 20 Jan 2017 08:43:00 +0000
- RT @SocialJusticeDU: Enhancing your understanding of Participatory Action Research begins here. PAR workshop 1. Registration now open.…
Tweeted on Tue, 03 Jan 2017 22:53:30 +0000
29 Old Elvet
Brochures and reports about the Centre
The Centre for Social Justice and Community Action has an ongoing fundraising appeal to support its work.
If you, like us, care passionately about social justice, please do consider donating to our efforts.
A donation to the Centre for Social Justice and Community Action can be made via the following link https://www.dunelm.org.uk/csj.