Wolfson Research Institute for Health and Wellbeing
Message from the Directorate
The Wolfson Research Institute for Health and Wellbeing exists to foster and disseminate the wide range of research undertaken at Durham University to improve human health and well-being. This is a truly multidisciplinary enterprise, spanning research across anthropology, biological and biomedical sciences, business, classics, education, engineering, geography, medicine and medical humanities, pharmacy, philosophy, psychology, social and community work, sociology, sport and theology. The Institute's research includes well-established strengths in research on primary care, public health, child development, cognitive neuroscience, medical anthropology, health geography, social work and medical humanities as well as exciting new developments in medical imaging, cardiology, health in the Global South, and mental health.
The Institute works in partnership with the University's academic departments and research Centres, many of whose members are among the Institute's Fellows.
The Institute has its main building on the University's Queen's Campus at Stockton-on-Tees. This impressive riverside campus is part of the transformation of an old industrial area into a world class location for education and research. It continues to contribute to the economic and social regeneration of the Tees Valley, and the Institute plays an important role in this respect through partnerships with the National Health Service, local government and community organisations.
An important principle of the Wolfson Research Institute for Health and Wellbeing is that by working together we can achieve more than working separately.
If you are interested in learning more about our work or how you might contribute to our aims we would welcome hearing from you.
Durham University Queen's Campus
Stockton on Tees
Tel: + 44 (0)191 334 0699
The Wolfson Research Institute for Health and Wellbeing, Durham University.
- RT @Lakenutrition: Listening to Professor Neil King talking about The Role of exercise in weight management. Exercise V diet? @WolfsonResea…
Tweeted on Thu, 04 Jun 2015 09:32:08 +0100
- RT @mdiclhumanities: How Politics Makes Us Sick: Neoliberal Epidemics http://t.co/LbiaHHQoKd New book by Ted Schrecker & @ProfBambra @durha…
Tweeted on Thu, 04 Jun 2015 09:31:53 +0100
- RT @Lakenutrition: Emotive talk by Camila Batmanghelidjh at @WolfsonResearch @KidsCompanyUK @fuse_online
Tweeted on Thu, 04 Jun 2015 09:31:20 +0100
- RT @mcleish_t: Already in motion from @AHRCSciCulture yesterday. @DurhamIAS @hearingvoice @WolfsonResearch @Medhumanities https://t.co/aMY…
Tweeted on Tue, 26 May 2015 09:17:24 +0100
- RT @ProfBambra: Who are the top football teams in the health league? http://t.co/gmSqer0YuY via @ConversationUK @durham_uni @CHIR_Durham @G…
Tweeted on Tue, 19 May 2015 10:32:21 +0100