Professor Tony Chapman - all publications
- Lindsey, Iain & Chapman, Tony (2017). Enhancing the Contribution of Sport to the Sustainable Development Goals. London: Commonwealth Secretariat.
- Chapman, Tony (2004). Gender and Domestic Life: changing practices in families and households. Palgrave.
- Chapman, Tony & Hockey, Jenny (1999). Ideal Homes? Social Change and Domestic Life. Routledge.
- Chapman, Tony (2017). Journeys and destinations: using longitudinal analysis to explore how third sector organisational governance helps to navigate sustainable futures. Voluntary Sector Review 8(1): 3-24.
- Chapman, Tony (2017). The Propensity of Third Sector Organisations to Borrow Money in the UK. Policy Studies 38(2): 185-204.
- Chapman, T. & McGuinness, B. (2013). Consuming values in a social market: making choices about volunteering and non-volunteering. Social and Public Policy Review 7(1): 1-17.
- Chapman, T. (2011). Smoke and Mirrors The Influence of Cultural Inertia on Social and Economic Development in a Polycentric Urban Region. Urban Studies 48(5): 1037-1057.
- Chapman, T., Brown, J., Ford, C. & Baxter, B. (2010). Trouble with champions: local public sector-third sector partnerships and the future prospects for collaborative governance in the UK. Policy Studies 31(6): 613-630.
- Chapman, T., Brown, J. & Crow, R. (2008). Entering a brave new world? An assessment of third sector readiness to tender for the delivery of public services in the United Kingdom. Policy Studies 29(1): 1-17.
- Chapman, Tony Crow, Robert & Brown, Judith (2007). 'They think they have God on their side': the impact of public sector attitudes on the development of social enterprise'. Social Enterprise Journal 3(1): 78-89.
- Chapman, Tony , Mawson, John , Robinson, Fred & Wistow, Jonathan (2018). How to Work Effectively with the Third Sector. A discussion paper for public sector organisations. Durham, Institute for Local Governance, Durham University.
- Chapman, Tony & Hunter, Jack (2017). Third Sector Trends in the North of England. Manchester, IPPR North.
- Chapman, Tony (2015). An assessment of the willingness of organisations to borrow money in the Third Sector: findings from studies in Yorkshire, North East England and Cumbria. Newcastle upon Tyne, Northern Rock.
- Pharoah, C., Chapman, T. & Choudhury, R. (2015). An insight into the future of charity funding in the North East. London, Garfield Weston Foundation.
- Chapman, Tony & Robinson, Fred (2015). Key findings from the Northern Rock Foundation Third Sector Trends Study in North East England. Community Foundation for Tyne & Wear and Northumberland.
- Chapman, Tony (2015). The situation of Third Sector organisations working in rich and poor areas: key findings from North East England and Cumbria. Community Foundation for Tyne & Wear and Northumberland.
- Chapman, Tony & Robinson, Fred (2014). Keeping it simple: how to work effectively with the Third Sector: a discussion paper and evidence review for local authorities. Durham Durham University.
- Chapman, Tony & Robinson, Fred (2014). Third Sector Trends in North East England and Cumbria: headline trends 2008-2014. Newcastle upon Tyne, Northern Rock Foundation.
- Chapman, Tony & Robinson, Fred (2013). On the Money: how does the way third sector organisations think about money affect the way they work?,. St Chad's College, Durham University.