Postgraduate Research Activity Panel Pitch
On Tuesday 24th April, the inaugural Postgraduate Research Activity Panel Pitch was held in the Business School.
Postgraduate students presented a 5 minute pitch to a prestigious panel, in the hope of winning 1 of 5 £1000 awards available to fund an engaging research activity that would involve Undergraduate students.
The pitchers presented for 5 minutes each, followed by 5 minutes of questioning from the panel: Owen Adams (PVC Colleges and Student Experience), Claire Warwick (PVC Research) and Tony Fawcett (Deputy PVC Education).
10 different pitches were presented, across a range of research areas, ensuring an intresting evening for the audience and a difficult decision for the panel!
After hearing all the pitches, the panel deliberated and announced the 5 winners.
Many congratulations to the winners, who were:
- Rebecca Wedge-Roberts (Department of Psychology, Ustinov College)
- Jessica Andrews and James Smith (Department of Chemistry, St Mary's College and Ustinov College)
- Jamie Howard (Department of Theology and Religion, St John's College)
- Trishla Singh (Department of English, Ustinov College)
- Jessica Eastwood (Department of Theology and Religion, Ustinov College)
After announcing the winners, Claire Warwick reflected on the high quality of all the pitches and the representation of the fantastic research being undertaken around the university.
Many thanks to the panel, the pitchers and the audience for a very interesting and enjoyable evening.