Meet the Faculty
Dr Roberta Aguzzoli
PhD, MSc, BA
Roberta Aguzzoli is an associate professor in Management at Durham University Business School. Prior to joining Durham she was lecturer at Industrial Relations and Human Resources Department of the University College Dublin (Ireland) and ISCTE Business School (Portugal). She obtained her PhD in human resource management at UCD. She has published papers in top journals such as JIBS, Human Relations, Tourism Management, and JIM. She is Academic member of CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development).
Her paper 'An Emerging Challenge': Employment Practices of a Brazilian MNC in a Mature Developed Economy, published in Human Relations was awarded the paper of the month in March 2014 and was considered one of the five most influential papers of the year.
In July 2016, her paper “It is linear or quadratic the relationship between intentions to leave the job and its antecedents in luxury hotels?” won the best paper award on the TOSOK International Tourism Conference in Korea. The paper is co-authored by Dr. Jorge Lengler and Dr. Asad Mohsin.
- International Business
- International and Comparative Employment Policies and Practices
- Human Resource Practices in Multinational Companies, mainly from Developing Economies
- Aguzzoli, R., Jorge, S. & Silveira, V. (2008). Gestão de Pessoas: Categoria Acadêmica. Rio de Janeiro: Qualitymark.
- Aguzzoli, R & Hunek, I (2019). The relationship of RHQ and HQ. A case study about a Brazilian MNE in Switzerland. In Emerging Market Multinationals and Europe. Breinbauer, A., Brennan, L., Jäger, J., Nachbagauer, A.G.M. & Nölke, A. springer.
- Aguzzoli, R, Lengler, J & Sousa, C (2017), Should I Stay or Should I Go? Exit and Re-entry Determinants of MNEs from Emerging Economies, Journal of Management Studies Paper Development Workshop. Denver, USA.
- AGUZZOLI R (2017), Styles of management, human resource policies and practices, and export performance of Brazilian firms, 26th Annual CIMaR Conference.
- AGUZZOLI, R (2016), Accounting for the Universalistic and Contingency Perspectives: The Transfer of ‘Best Practice’ in a Brazilian company, 2016 British Academy of Management Conference.
- AGUZZOLI, R (2016), Is it linear or quadratic relationship between intentions to leave the job and its antecedents in luxury hotels?, The 2016 TOSOK International Tourisom Conference. South Korea.
- Aguzzoli, Roberta, Lengler, Jorge , Sousa, Carlos & Benito, Gabriel (2021). Here We Go Again: A Case Study on Re-entering a Foreign Market. British Journal of Management 32(2): 416-434.
- Nielsen, Bo Bernhard Chidlow, Agnieszka Miller, Stewart Welch, Catherine Aguzzoli, Roberta Gardner, Emma Karafyllia, Maria & Pegoraro, Diletta (2020). Fifty years of methodological trends in JIBS: Why future IB research needs more triangulation. Journal of International Business Studies 51(9): 1478-1499.
- Geary, J., Aguzzoli, R. & Lengler, J. (2017). The Transfer of ‘International Best Practice’ in a Brazilian MNC: A Consideration of the Convergence and Contingency Perspectives. . Journal of International Management 23(2): 194-207.
- Geary, J. & Aguzzoli, R. (2016). Miners, politics and institutional caryatids: Accounting for the transfer of HRM practices in the Brazilian multinational enterprise.. Journal of International Business Studies 47(8): 968-996.
- Mohsin, A., Lengler, J.F.B. & Aguzzoli, R.L. (2015). Staff Turnover in Hotels: exploring the quadratic and linear relationships.. Tourism Management 51: 35-48.
- Aguzzoli, R. & Geary, J. (2014). An ‘emerging challenge’ The employment practices of a Brazilian multinational company in Canada.. Human Relations 67(5): 587-609.