The Business School has a vibrant Visiting Academics Programme.
We welcome applications for visits of up to one year from scholars at all stages of their careers.
You will be paired with a Department Collaborator from the School based on your shared research interests. They will act as a link to the School, the University and Durham, and help you to take full advantage of all the opportunities on offer.
Visiting Academics should hold a PhD or have submitted their thesis for examination.
Criteria for acceptance to the Visiting Academic Programme:
- Ability to fulfil research objectives as proposed
- Make a positive contribution to the research culture of the School
- Contribution to research seminar programme
- Sufficient fluency in English to be able to benefit from their time in Durham. If required a telephone interview will be arranged.
The Visiting Academic Programme includes:
- Attendance at regular Research Seminars
- Access to shared desk space
- Access to shared and public computers
- IT facilities, photocopying and printing in the Department
- Access to University Library
- Reasonable use of postage and faxing
- Internal and local telephone calls
At the end of your stay
As a Visiting Academics you will be expected to prepare a short report on your achievements and experience at the Business School.
Fees for Visiting Academic Programme
Length of stay (maximum one year)
Fee (excluding VAT)*
A full academic year (12 months)
*VAT (20%) is chargeable to all UK and overseas visitors unless they are students.
- For academics visiting from partner universities where we have staff exchange agreements, the bench fees may be waived.
- It is the Visiting Academic's responsibility to deal with immigration, visas, accommodation and family issues.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to apply.