Meet the Faculty
Dr Julie Hodges
PhD, MA, BA, Senior Fellow FME, PHEA
Julie is a leading expert on change in organizations, particularly the role and impact of people during transformations. Before entering the academic world Julie worked as a business consultant for over 20 years in several profit and non-profit organizations, including PwC. At PwC Julie was responsible for organizational change and management development in a number of companies include Barclays, Shell, BBC, Lloyds, Reuters. Julie has also worked with Vertex where she set up and led a commercial consultancy team. Her first role was with the British Council where she was the Development Consultancy for East Asia.
Julie has published in a number of international journals on change in organisations. She is the author of several books including ‘Consultancy, Organizational Development and Change’, ‘ Managing and Leading People through Change’ (Kogan Page); Sustaining Change in Organizations (Sage) and ‘Public and Third Sector Leadership: experience speaks’ (Emerald). Her latest book is ‘Employee Engagement for Organizational Change’ (Routledge).
Julie is a Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and Senior Fellow of the Foundation for Management Education (FME). She is also a member of the editorial board of the ‘Management Consulting’ journal.
- Impact of organizational change on people
- Sustaining change in organisations
- Hodges, J (2018). Employee Engagement for Organizational Change: The Theory and Practice of Stakeholder Engegement. London: Routledge.
- Hodges, J. (2017). Consultancy, Organizational Development and Change: A Practical Guide to Delivering Value. London: Kogan Page.
- Hodges, J. (2016). Managing and Leading People Through Organizational Change: the theory and practice of sustaining change through people.. London: Kogan Page.
- Hodges, J. & Gill, R. (2015). Sustaining Change in Organizations. London: Sage.
- Howieson, B. & Hodges, J. (2014). Public and Third Sector Leadership: Experience Speaks. London: Emerald.
- Hodges, J. (2017). To be or not to be an internal consultant. In Management Consultancy Insights and Real Consultancy Projects. Manville, G. & Matthias, O. Abingdon: Routledge. 65-74.
- Hodges, J. (2011). The role of the CEO and leadership branding - credibility not celebrity. In Corporate Reputation: Managing Opportunities and Threats. Burke, R., Martin, G. & Cooper, C. Gower. 181-198.
- Hodges, J. (2018). Consulting Capabilities for Organisational Change.. Management Consulting Journal 1(1): 5-6.
- Hodges, J. & Howieson, B. (2017). The challenges of leadership in the third sector. European Management Journal 35(1): 69-77.
- Hodges, J. (2017). Cracking the walls of leadership: women in Saudi Arabia. . Gender in Management: an International Journal 32(1): 34-46.
- Hodges, J. (2017). Building capabilities for change: the crucial role of resilience. . Development and Learning in Organizations 31(1): 5-8.
- Hodges, J. (2012). The Transition of midlife women from organizational employment into self employment.. Gender in management: an international journal 27(3): 186-201.
- Hodges, J. & Martin, G. (2012). Can leadership branding work in theory and practice to resolve the integration-responsiveness problems facing multinational enterprises?. International Journal of Human Resource Management 23(18): 3794-3812.
- Ashurst, C. & Hodges, J. (2010). Exploring Business Transformation: The Challenges of Developing a Benefits Realization Capability.. Journal of Change Management 10(2): 217-237.