Meet the Faculty
Dr Julie Hodges
PhD, MA, BA
Before entering the academic world Julie worked for over 20 years in several profit and non-profit organizations, including PricewaterhouseCoopers where as a Senior Consultant she was responsible for organisational change and development projects with a number of FTSE 100 companies. Julie also worked with Vertex where she set up a Commercial Consultancy team. Her first role was with the British Council where she worked for 10 years as a Development Consultant overseas. Julie is a Senior Fellow of the FME (Foundation for Management Education).
Julie is interested in hearing from individuals who are considering qualitative research in the following areas:
- Change and transformation in Organizations
- The impact of change and transformation on people in organizations
- Leadership and organizational transformation
- Women and leadership in the Middle East
- Impact of organizational change on people
- Sustaining change in organisations
- Hodges, J. (2017). Consultancy, Organizational Development and Change: A Practical Guide to Delivering Value. London: Kogan Page.
- Hodges, J. (2016). Managing and Leading People Through Organizational Change: the theory and practice of sustaining change through people.. London: Kogan Page.
- Hodges, J. & Gill, R. (2015). Sustaining Change in Organizations. London: Sage.
- Howieson, B. & Hodges, J. (2014). Public and Third Sector Leadership: Experience Speaks. London: Emerald.
- Hodges, J. (2017). To be or not to be an internal consultant. In Management Consultancy Insights and Real Consultancy Projects. Manville, G. & Matthias, O. Abingdon: Routledge. 65-74.
- Hodges, J. (2011). The role of the CEO and leadership branding - credibility not celebrity. In Corporate Reputation: Managing Opportunities and Threats. Burke, R., Martin, G. & Cooper, C. Gower. 181-198.
- Hodges, J. (2017). Cracking the walls of leadership: women in Saudi Arabia. . Gender in Management: an International Journal 32(1): 34-46.
- Hodges, J. (2017). Building capabilities for change: the crucial role of resilience. . Development and Learning in Organizations 31(1): 5-8.
- Hodges, J. & Howieson, B. (2017). The challenges of leadership in the third sector. European Management Journal 35(1): 69-77.
- Hodges, J. & Martin, G. (2012). Can leadership branding work in theory and practice to resolve the integration-responsiveness problems facing multinational enterprises?. International Journal of Human Resource Management 23(18): 3794-3812.
- Hodges, J. (2012). The Transition of midlife women from organizational employment into self employment.. Gender in management: an international journal 27(3): 186-201.
- Ashurst, C. & Hodges, J. (2010). Exploring Business Transformation: The Challenges of Developing a Benefits Realization Capability.. Journal of Change Management 10(2): 217-237.