The 66th BSRA Annual Scientific Meeting
4-6th July 2016
Theme: Evolution and the Biology of Ageing
Local organiser: David Weinkove, Durham University
Co-organiser and Speaker: Patrick Phillips, University of Oregon
Getting here and Map
The School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences (or "Biology Department") is a 30 minute walk or 5 minute taxi ride from Durham Railway Station.
From Newcastle Airport, a taxi takes 30-40 minutes or take the Metro to Newcastle and then a train to Durham
See downloadable map for all conference locations
- BSRA 66th Annual Meeting Programme Outline (last modified: 12 April 2016)
The British Society for Research on Ageing (BSRA) is a research charity and academic society that promotes and funds research into the causes and effects of ageing. Members are primarily UK-based researchers studying the biology of ageing using a wide range of disciplines.
The conference is supported by the BBSRC
Participants are encouraged to submit abstracts for the interactive poster sessions.
The best abstracts will be selected for oral presentations.
- Evolution and ecology of ageing: How evolution and ecology shed light on how ageing works
- Model systems and experimental evolution: What the study of model organisms tell us
- The molecular mechanisms of ageing: Molecular mechanisms of ageing and how they have evolved
Public engagement workshop https://www.dur.ac.uk/bsi/bsra-durham/public-event/
Public event including dialogue performance https://www.dur.ac.uk/bsi/bsra-durham/public-event/
"How will we age in the future?" Round table discussion, sponsored by P&G
Dinner and Ceilidh in historic Durham Castle
There will limited accommodation available in Durham University Colleges which can be booked through the registration site. Alternatlively, information about hotel and B&B accommodation in and around Durham City can be found here: www.thisisdurham.com/accommodation.
The BSRA supports research to understand the causes & effects of ageing. http://bsra.org.uk/ASM #BSRA2018, Oxford 6-8th Sept 2018
- RT @HayleybirdL: Calling all scientists! Registration is now open for the 2018 @B_S_R_A conference 'Ageing here and now: current research a…
- @EmmaPettengale There is now a link from the webpage: https://t.co/zybn02wf2E
- Registration is open! BSRA annual meeting Sept 6-8 Oxford Abstract deadline July 31st so get writing and RT widely… https://t.co/3RsMMBxhlE
- RT @afatscientist: The premier biogerontology meeting in the UK, see the website for details https://t.co/HA7o3jPbaf
- RT @dweinkove: British Society for Research on Ageing Annual scientific meeting Oxford September 6-8. Abstract deadline 31 July. Support fo…
- RT @Team_RNA: Save the date! British Society for Research on Ageing annual scientific conference, Oriel College Oxford 6-8th September 2018…
- RT @B_S_R_A: Our annual meeting this year will be at Oriel College, Oxford 6-8th Sept 2018 #BSRA2018. Local organiser Lynne Cox
- RT @sarahfworsley1: Really excited that my work with @POST_UK for my @NERCscience @EnvEast policy internship has been published today! My P…
- RT @CEStewartPhD: Save the date. Our annual @B_S_R_A meeting this year will be at Oriel College, Oxford 6-8th Sept 2018 #BSRA2018. Fantasti…
- RT @VIKorolchuk: Our FEBS J state-of-the-art review on mTOR in senescence is out now https://t.co/GVkYrSp67T