Publication details for Dr Olena RiabininaRiabinina, O., Vernon, S. W., Dickson, B. J. & Baines, R. A. (2019). Split-QF System for Fine-Tuned Transgene Expression in Drosophila. Genetics 212(1): 53-63.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0016-6731 (print), 1943-2631 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1534/genetics.119.302034
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The Q-system is a binary expression system that works well across species. Here, we report the development and demonstrate the applications of a split-QF system that drives strong expression in Drosophila, is repressible by QS, and is inducible by a small nontoxic molecule (quinic acid). The split-QF system is fully compatible with existing split-GAL4 and split-LexA lines, thus greatly expanding the range of possible advanced intersectional experiments and anatomical, physiological, and behavioral assays in Drosophila, and in other organisms.