Publication details for Professor AR HoelzelHoelzel, AR (2005). Ancient genomes. Genome Biology 6(12): 239.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1465-6906, 1465-6914
- DOI: 10.1186/gb-2005-6-12-239
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Ever since its invention, the polymerase chain reaction has been the method of choice for work with ancient DNA. In an application of modern genomic methods to material from the Pleistocene, a recent study has instead undertaken to clone and sequence a portion of the ancient genome of the cave bear.