Publication details for Dr Tim R BlowerCross, J.M., Blower, T.R., Gallagher, N., Gill, J.H., Rockley, K.L. & Walton, J.W. (2016). Anticancer RuII and RhIII Piano-Stool Complexes that are Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors. ChemPlusChem 81(12): 1276-1280.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 2192-6506, 2192-6506
- DOI: 10.1002/cplu.201600413
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The first examples of RuII and RhIII piano-stool complex histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitors are presented. The novel complexes have antiproliferative activity against H460 non-small-cell lung carcinoma cells that is comparable to the clinically used HDAC inhibitor suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid (SAHA). Strong evidence for HDAC inhibition as a primary mechanism of action is provided. The complexes reported here represent an important step towards the design of highly active and selective HDAC inhibitors.