Publication details for Prof Steve LindsayTakken, Willlem & Lindsay, Steve (2019). Increased Threat of Urban Malaria from Anopheles stephensi Mosquitoes, Africa. Emerging Infectious Diseases 25(7): 1431-1432.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1080-6040 (print), 1080-6059 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.3201/eid2507.190301
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Malaria continues to be a major health threat in Africa, mainly in rural areas. Recently, the urban malaria vector Anopheles stephensi invaded Djibouti and Ethiopia, potentially spreading to other areas of Africa. Urgent action is needed to prevent urban malaria epidemics from emerging and causing a public health disaster.