The Ustinov Seminar is an interdisciplinary forum for postgraduate students across the university, and it is a great opportunity to showcase your research and to hear something about research in other fields. Click the links at the side for more details about the Seminar and its programmes since its inception in 2006.
There are several Saturday-morning seminars each term, with hot and cold drinks, biscuits and a buffet lunch provided. Each seminar includes three or four 20-minute presentations from a range of disciplines, typically grouped around a common theme to prompt discussion – which is as wide-ranging as it is thought-provoking. Panel sessions are arranged on occasion to draw out points for debate from different presentations.
If you want to rehearse a potential conference paper, practise presentation skills in a relaxed and friendly environment, or simply enjoy introducing your research and ideas to students from various disciplines, this is your chance! Just contact us via email, Facebook or Twitter.
We look forward to seeing you.
The Ustinov Seminar team
Get in touch
If you would like to present at any of our upcoming seminars, or have any ideas for future themes, then please let us know at the email address below
Facebook Group: Ustinov Seminar Twitter: @UstinovSeminar
- Poster for Ustinov Seminar on 'Celebration' (last modified: 2 December 2014)
- Poster for Ustinov Seminar on 'Economic and Social Behaviour' (last modified: 29 January 2015)
- Poster for Ustinov Seminar on 'Education' (last modified: 18 February 2015)
- Poster for Ustinov Seminar on 'Ideas and Ideology' (last modified: 24 November 2014)
- Poster for Ustinov Seminar on 'Identity' (last modified: 15 October 2014)
- Poster for Ustinov Seminar on 'Origins' (last modified: 24 November 2014)