Couples and Family Accommodation at Keenan House
Ustinov College welcomes students and their families from all over the world. We offer couples and family College accommodation at Ustinov. Our College residences are based on two different locations, Sheraton Park, nearer to the Business School, and Dryburn Court, nearer to the City Centre.
- Couples accommodation is based at both locations. Family accommodation is based at Dryburn Court in Keenan House.
- Couples Studio (Sheraton Park)
- 16 one-bedroom flats (Dryburn Court)
- 46 two-bedroom flats (Dryburn Court)
8 three-bedroom flats (Dryburn Court)
Keenan House, Dryburn Court
One, two and three bedroom Flats
Dryburn Court, opened in September 2005, contains one, two and three bedroom flats for couples and for families with children. Car parking is available, and there is a small playground for children. Dryburn Court (number 56 on the online map) is just over one a half miles to Elvet Riverside (no. 25), two miles to the library (no. 13 on online map) and two and a half miles to Howlands Farm (no. 52). Keenan House flats include:
- double bed and mattress in each double room
- single bed and mattress in each single room
- wardrobes and small set of drawers in each bedroom and 1 fitted desk in one bedroom
- 1 x 2 seater sofa, table and chairs
- kitchen with electric cooker, washing machine, fridge/freezer, toaster, kettle, microwave and vaccum cleaner
- bathroom with shower curtain and toilet brush
Residence charges are inclusive of heating, lighting, hot water, electricity/gas and WiFi.
You should provide your own cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. Each room has study and bedroom furniture, carpets and curtains. There are shared kitchen facilities in all residences.
Bedding packs appropriate to your residence are automatically provided for you. The charges for these are in addition to your residence charge and are added to your residence invoice however can be refunded if you return your unopened bedding pack within 14 days of your arrival. Each pack contains sheets, duvet, pillows, duvet cover, pillow cases and towels. Further details are below:
- Standard single bedding pack for single en-suite rooms at Brackenbury. Additional charge of £35 / pack
- 3/4 double bedding pack (to fit a bed measuring 122cm (W) x 190cm (L) / 4ft (W) x 6ft 3 (L)) for single en-suite rooms at Sheraton Park. Additional charge of £53 / pack
- Standard double bedding pack for couple accommodation at Sheraton Park and Keenan House. Additional charge of £70 / pack
Accessible accommodation is available at both Sheraton Park and Dryburn Court. Please email us at email@example.com if you require any additional information regarding our accommodation or facilities.
Please visit: https://www.dur.ac.uk/experience/colleges/pg/accommodation/costs/ for details of Colleges Postgraduate Residence Charges.
If you would like to find out about the financial support that may be available to you, please visit our student financial support pages:
Find out about our fees and the financial support available to you.
It is important for you as a prospective student to be able to fully understand how much coming to University will cost, whether you are eligible for financial support, and if so how much. This will enable you to make an informed financial plan before starting your studies.
For further information please click on one of the links below, depending on your circumstances.