How to apply
The International Summer School invites applications from students who meet the following criteria:
- You are a current university student, undergraduate or postgraduate. Alternatively if you have an offer of a place at University for this year and will be 17 years of age by the programme start date of the 3rd July 2017.
- You have a current GPA of 3.4 (B+) or above or equivalent grades. In rare cases it is possible to accept slightly lower grades, depending on the strength of the application as a whole.
You can now apply through our online application system. Once logged in, you will be able to complete your application and upload any supporting documents. If you are unable to complete it in one go, you can save your progress and return at any time. Start your application.
Alternatively you can download an application form which can be returned to us via email. Download the application form for International Summer School 2017.
English language requirements
The minimum entry levels for international students on all courses apart from the English Language for Academic Purposes course are listed below. Acceptable English Language examinations for entry to Durham University are:
- IELTS: 6.5 (no component under 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT: 92 (no component under 23)
- Cambridge Proficiency (CPE): Grade C
- Cambridge Advanced (CAE): Grade A
- Cambridge IGCSE First Language English at Grade C or above
- Cambridge IGCSE English as a Second Language at Grade B or above
- GCSE English Language at grade C or above
- Pearson Test of English (overall score 62 (with no score less than 56 in each component)
If you have studied in an English speaking institution or have courses taught in English as standard you may be able to apply as a native English speaker. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our entry requirements.
The 'English Language for Academic Purposes' course is open to students with an IELTS of 5.5 or above. More information can be found on the course page.
Fees and deadlines
Course fees are £825 per week, a two week course is £1650 and a four week course is £3,300. Programme fees are inclusive of:
- Accommodation, plus meals
- Full social programme including a weekend visit to London.
The application deadline for the International Summer School is Friday 26th May 2017. Applications are assessed upon arrival throughout the year so students are advised to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Completing the application form
Please complete all the required fields in the application form and return it with a copy of your transcript, and English language certificate if required, to email@example.com
Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions about the application process or require any further information.
International Summer School
The Palatine Centre
Durham DH1 3LE, UK
Tel: +44 (0)191 334 6248
Fax: +44 (0)191 334 6326