International Summer School
Start your application.
Register your interest for 2017.
Durham University is unique. We are the third oldest university in England and one of the world’s leading centres of scholarship and learning. The International Summer School continues in this tradition offering you the opportunity to get ahead this summer with one of our short courses of intensive academic study.
- 6th in the Complete University Guide overall rankings 2017.
- 74th in the QS World University Rankings 2016/17.
- Ranked in the world top 40 for the employability of our students, QS World University rankings 2016/17.
Summer School Courses offered in 2017
- English Language for Academic Purposes
- The Northern Borders of Empire to the Making of the Middle Ages
- The Global Policy Summer School 2017, 'Global Inequality and Development' - Delivered by the Global Policy Institute in association with the Springfield Centre,
The International Summer School attract students from across the world and offers a truly global experience with students from a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures. Durham is a student city; wherever you go you will make new friends and meet new people, making your time with us unforgettable. This environment will allow you to develop new skills, enjoy a variety of experiences, increase your appeal to future employers and expand your world view.
Surrounded by some of the world’s finest architecture, Durham city is the perfect setting to experience study abroad in England. The Castle and Cathedral – together designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site- dominate the skyline and look out over breath-taking countryside.
A short distance from the Pennine Mountains and the sea, Durham is one of England’s most beautiful cities and the perfect destination to experience British history and culture in a welcoming environment. Its winding streets and ancient marketplace invite you to explore further into its heritage.
Durham’s excellent transport links and positioning mean it is the ideal starting point to visit more of the United Kingdom and Europe, with London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Dublin and Paris all within easy reach.
International Summer School
The Palatine Centre
Durham DH1 3LE, UK
Tel: +44 (0)191 334 6248
Fax: +44 (0)191 334 6326
Durham Summer School
#DurhamUniversity Summer School offers intensive academic courses in #English #energy #politics & #history for ambitious students. This summer, think global.
- RT @Global_Policy: Global Policy Summer School, July 2017 - 'Global Inequality and Development' - Now taking admissions…
Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- 8 reasons to join us this summer! https://t.co/P88xmU13lS #SummerSchool
Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- RT @durhamIO: Opportunities for 6 US students to join @DurhamISS @durham_uni Applications are due 26/02/2017 by Midnight EST!…
Tweeted on Mon, 20 Feb 2017 16:36:41 +0000