Number of places for 2020/21: 2 full year places (priority for MLAC students)
Waseda University adopts the GPA 4.0 scale. Applicants roughly need to score 65 overall to satisfy the required GPA 3.0/ 4.0
|- Fall intake (Fall&Winter): 1st February - 1st March
- Spring intake (Spring&Summer): 1st - 20th November
It is recommended that exchange students take 7 courses per semester (14 credits). Courses should be offered by the same School; it is unlikely that exchange students will be able to take courses from multiple departments.
Undergraduate students may not take postgraduate level modules.
Modules are offered in English through the following departments:
- School of Political Science and Economics
- School of Commerce
- School of Social Sciences
- School of International Liberal Studies
- School of Fundamental Science and Engineering
- School of Creative Science and Engineering
- School of Advanced Science and Engineering
Information on all available modules can be found via the 'Syllabus Search' tool: https://www.wsl.waseda.jp/syllabus/JAA101.php?pLng=en
Exchange students can apply for university-based accommodation once they have been accepted. If university-based accommodation is not available, Waseda will provide information on private housing. and homestay options.
Supporting Documents Required
- Copy of Passport (Identification Page)
- Academic Study Plan
- Study Abroad Agreement
- Official Certificate of Enrollment issued by the home university
- Official Academic Transcript
- Applicaiton for Certificate of Eligibility
- Documents concerning defraying for CoE
- ID Photographs
- Nomination Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
Waseda offer a wide range of student support from mental health and disability support to visa, living costs and insurance information.
Average living expenses are approximately 80,000 JPY per month (including food, transport, accommodation and miscellaneous costs).
Exchange students must first apply for a 'Certificate of Eligibility' in order to obtain a study visa to enter Japan.
International students staying in Japan are required to enroll in the National Health Insurance Scheme (Approximately 1,200 JPY per month).
Everday Life in Shinjuku offers information and advice fro foreign students living in Shinjuku.