Pontificia Universidad de Chile
Number of places available for 2020/21: 3 (with priority for MLAC students)
Term Dates: March to July and August to December
General Contact: email@example.com
- The minimum required GPA for applying is 3.0 (or its equivalent).
- The students must be nominated by their home university in order for their application to be considered.
1st Semester (March to mid-July): October 12th of previous year
2nd Semester (August to mid-December) : April 12th current year
1st Semester (March to mid-July): October 30th of previous year
2nd Semester (August to mid-December) : May 2nd current year
Application deadline for partner registration
This information refers to when successful Overseas Exchange applicants must submit further materials to Pontificia Universidad de Chile.
- Music: only theoretical courses available
- Medicine: only some technical courses within the areas of public health and clinical rotation. Dentistry, Nutrition and Dietetics, and Physical Therapy courses are not available for exchange students.
- Economics and Management Sciences: course available only to students fulfill the courses requirements.
- Psychology courses: available only to second to fourth-year students.
- Biological Sciences: Marine Biology courses not available.
- Arts courses: Arts courses are only available to students who come from Arts-related programs.
- Architecture: applicants must attach 2 letter-size summarized portfolios in PDF format to the Dropbox folder. The only available courses for exchange students are: “Taller de Proyectos” (for 1st to 3rd-year students) / “Ejercitacion” (for 4th to 5th-year students) / Elementary courses and “OPR” electives (2 max.). The following courses are NOT available to exchange students: “Aulas de Título” (Final Project) / “Taller de Investigación”, “Práctica de Obras” and “Práctica Profesional”. Slots are restricted and cannot be guaranteed. The School of Architecture reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Sports Courses: students must bring their own equipment according to the sport of their choosing.
- Performing Arts: students who are interested registering for practical courses at the school of Performing Arts must attach a personal video showing a scene and a monologue in Spanish.
International students must show a good Mastery of Spanish. Students whose mother tongue is not Spanish must have B2 level (according to CEFR) of Spanish proficiency at the moment of applying.
UC does not have university owned or arranged accomodation however the FAQ section of their exchange website offers a link to a resource for housing.
Supporting Documents Required
- Signed PDF Application Form
- Official Transcript of Records
- Presentation Letter issued by the International Office of your University.
- Spanish Proficiency Certificate (level B2 according to CEFR). This is required ONLY IF YOU ARE NOT A NATIVE SPEAKER OF SPANISH).
- Exchange students applying to take Architecture School courses need to upload a 2 letter-size pages (4 sides) portfolio to their dropbox folders.
Information on the exchange program can be found here.