Number of places available for 2021/2022: 5 full year places (priority given to MLAC Students)
University website: http://www.osaka-u.ac.jp/en/international/inbound/exchange_program
Information about the Maple Programme: http://www.cjlc.osaka-u.ac.jp/cjlc/ies/
Information about OUSSEP (Osaka, Japan and the World Culture, Science and Technology: http://www.osaka-u.ac.jp/en/international/inbound/exchange_program/oussep/oussepguide
General Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Term Dates: October to March and April to June
- Osaka University Fact Sheet (last modified: 2 August 2018)
Degree-seeking student on continuous full-time status at home university, successful credit accumulation of at least one academic year in the degree program of home university (by the time of application), good academic standings (equivalent to GPA 3.0+/4.0, upper second class in undergraduate honours grading system, B+ in ECTS grading)
Application information availability
Emailed to the registered exchange coordinator/study-abroad office of our partner 8 months before enrolment. Application guides and information are not put on university web page.
- September intake (Fall&Winter): End-December
|- September intake (Fall&Winter): Last day of February
- April intake (Spring&Summer): Last day of September
|- September intake (Fall&Winter): End-March
- April intake (Spring&Summer): Last day of October
Available modules/schools below:
- School of Letters
- School of Human Sciences
- School of Foreign Studies
- School of Law
- School of Economics
- School of Science
- School of Engineering
- School of Engineering Science
It is recommended that non-MLAC students have a basic level of Japanese. English language classes are available, however students who do not have English as a first language are asked to provide evidence of proficiency.
Individuals who are incoming from a partner institution are guaranteed on-campus housing, however off-campus options are also available for those who wish to take them. Accomodation does not contain dining facilities. The cost is approximately 30,000~40,000 yen/month (£200-270) from on-site accommodation or around 35,000 - 65,000 yen/month (£240-442).
- Web application form
- Reason for application
- Future goals
- School/graduate school of one’s choice (OUSSEP, iExPO only)
- Courses of study of one’s choice (iExPO special auditors/OUSSEP only)
- Research plan (iExPO special research students/FrontierLab only)
- Independent research application (for students who wish to perform independent research in OUSSEP)
- Most recent academic transcript
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a faculty member of your university
- Foreign language test score report
- Copy of your passport
Osaka University offer a range of Support Services for incoming students including housing, visa, orientation and living in Japan.
More information is proivided in the Osaka Application Guide as well as on the Osaka webpage for International Exchanges.